Is it Alzheimer's? : 101 answers to your most pressing questions about memory loss and dementia
|Format:||Print Book 2020|
|Availability:||Available at 5 Libraries 6 of 7 copies|
Perhaps someone in your family has been diagnosed with Alzheimer disease--or maybe you worry about developing memory loss yourself. In Is It Alzheimer's? , Dr. Peter V. Rabins, a top expert in the field, educates readers by answering 101 often-asked questions about memory loss and dementia.
Written in a conversational, easy-to-use Q&A style, the book is organized into seven unique sections. A companion to the best-selling The 36-Hour Day , which Dr. Rabins coauthored, this book discusses
* how to distinguish typical memory loss from early dementia
* how dementia is diagnosed
* what factors play a role in the progression of dementia
* whether it's possible to lower your risk of developing Alzheimer disease or dementia
* how to improve the quality of life of people with dementia
* how to assess long-term care facilities and nursing homes
* available treatments, including medication
* how to explain the symptoms of Alzheimer disease and dementia to others
* how to provide caregivers with psychological and emotional support
* and much more
Aimed at friends and family members of the estimated 5.1 million US adults with dementia, as well as adults who are concerned about developing dementia, the book offers helpful directions and comfort. Is It Alzheimer's? is a quick, accessible, and essential reference for anyone who hopes to navigate the confusion of dementing illnesses.
ContentsShould I worry about my memory?
What is dementia? What is Alzheimer disease?
What causes dementia? What causes Alzheimer disease?
What steps can i take to lower my risk of Alzheimer disease and dementia?
What treatments are available?
What suggestions do you have for caregivers?
What are some of the difficult decisions caregivers face?
|Series||Johns Hopkins Press health book.|
Dementia -- Miscellanea.
|Publisher|| Baltimore, Maryland :2020
|Other Titles|| 101 answers to your most pressing questions about memory loss and dementia
One hundred-one answers to your most pressing questions about memory loss and dementia.
x, 147 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.