Men, women & worthiness
|Format:||Book on CD 2012|
|Availability:||Available at 2 Libraries 2 of 3 copies|
We Are Enough: Engaging with the World from a Place of Worthiness
Summarize the differences and similarities between the experience of shame for men and women
- Define guilt vs. shame--why one is a useful force for growth, while the other keeps us small
- Discuss the four elements of shame resilience--identifying our triggers, practicing critical awareness, sharing our story, and speaking honestly about shame
- Discuss empathy as the primary antidote to shame
What does it take to be secure in our sense of belonging and self-worth? We may hustle to attain this security through achievements, meeting expectations, or repeating affirmations to ourselves--but Dr. Bren Brown's research has shown there is ultimately one obstacle to our sense of worthiness. "Shame is the barrier," she teaches, "and building shame resilience is how we overcome it." With Men, Women, and Worthiness , Dr. Brown draws upon more than 12 years of investigation to reveal how we can disarm the influence of shame to cultivate a life of greater courage, joy, and love. In this rich and heartfelt examination of this pivotal element of happiness, she invites you to explore:
The differences and similarities between the experience of shame for men and women
- Guilt vs. shame--why one is a useful force for growth, while the other keeps us small
- The four elements of shame resilience--identifying our triggers, practicing critical awareness, sharing our story, and speaking honestly about shame
- Empathy as the primary antidote to shame
"Whether you are a man, woman, or child, every one of us has the irreducible need for love and belonging," Dr. Brown teaches. "A sense of self-worth, unhindered by the inner voices of shame, allows us to meet that need." With the warmth, candor, and humor that has made her a celebrated speaker, Bren Brown offers a road map for navigating the emotions that hold us back-so we can cultivate a life of authenticity and connection.
|Publisher|| Boulder, CO :Sounds True,2012
|Other Titles|| Men, women & worthiness :
Men, women and worthiness
Presented by the author.
2 audio discs (2 hr, 14 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.